Celebrate Halloween with Goodwill!
Tuesday, Oct 11, 2016
Create unique and fun costumes at Goodwill
Goodwill is THE place to shop for Halloween costumes. Why? People can find great-looking costumes at prices that fit their budgets.
Goodwill stores have tons of costume options that are silly, scary, spooky or sweet. Choose from a great selection of new or gently used costumes that cost a fraction of those at pricier costume stores. Even better, use your imagination while browsing rows of clothing and accessories to create a unique look for Halloween. The stores also stocks face make-up, hats and other accessories to put the finishing touches on your creation.
This year local personalities dressed up to celebrate Halloween and individuals can vote for their favorite costume on Seattle Goodwill’s Facebook page (SeattleGoodwill). The local personality with the most votes will be able to give Goodwill gift cards to the student group of their choice. The contest will go October 10 – 21.
Local personalities include:
- Chef in the Hat Thierry Rautureau
- Restaurateur and chef Ethan Stowell
- KCPQ and Kaci Aitchison and Liz Dueweke
- Seattle Channel Art Zone host Nancy Guppy
- King 5’s Michelle Li and Alysse Bryson
- Musician Wanz
- The End’s Gregr
- KEXP DJ Morgan Chosnyk
- Seattle Storm mascot the Doppler
- Executive Director at Crosscut News - Tamara Power- Drutis
From October 17 - 28, Seattle Goodwill will be giving away prizes once a day on our Facebook page. This year, local businesses have donated prizes to celebrate Halloween!
People who shop will be supporting the mission of Goodwill to provide free job training and education programs, offered at nine centers around the region, including Seattle. These classes, which include English for Speakers of Other Languages, Basic Computers, GED Preparation, and Retail and Customer Service, help people in the community find jobs and become economically self-sufficient.
For more information, please contact Katherine Boury, Communications Manager at or (206) 860-5733.
Seattle Goodwill Industries is a private, nonprofit organization that has served the central and northern Puget Sound since 1923. It provides free job training and education programs and services that help low-income and underserved people obtain the skills they need to secure employment so they may achieve economic self-sufficiency. For more information about Goodwill programs, please visit our Job Training & Education page or call toll-free 1 (877) GIVE4GOOD.
- Goodwill in the News
- Press Releases
- Goodwill Ambassador
- Annual Report
- Other Reports to the Community
RECENT PRESS RELEASES
- Goodwill and Renton Technical College unveil expansion of Youth Aerospace Program
- Seattle Goodwill celebrates its volunteers during National Volunteer Week
- Seattle Goodwill and Uber Team Up for a Donation Drive on April 8
- Shop Goodwill online for gifts this Valentine's Day
- Tips to Maximize Your Donation to Goodwill!
- Shop the Goodwill Sparkle Sale Goodwill Online!
- Goodwill’s Glitter Sale and Glitter Gala raises $760,000!
- Goodwill's Glitter Gala raises $435,000
- Celebrate Halloween with Goodwill!
- New Redmond Goodwill Store Opening January 2017!