Goodwill's Glitter Gala raises $435,000
Monday, Oct 17, 2016
Proceeds will support free job training and education programs
On October 15, Seattle Goodwill’s community of support raised over $435,000 to support high school completion programs at the annual Goodwill Glitter Gala. Over 600 guests attended the event that was held at Hangar 30 at Magnuson Park.
“We really want to thank the community for both supporting the Gala, and making it such a huge success,” said Goodwill President and CEO Daryl Campbell. “The proceeds we raised will allow Goodwill to help hundreds more people in our community complete their high school education and get a great job.”
Six finalists from the Goodwill Design Challenge were featured as part of the Glitter Fashion Show at the Gala. They repurposed outfits from items found at the Goodwill Outlet. Kevin Shu from the Art Institute of Seattle won the Audience Favorite Award. The Glitter Fashion Show also included items donated to Goodwill that will be for sale at the annual Glitter Sale.
Proceeds from the Gala help support free job training and education for students like Square Donaldson, 62, who earned her high school diploma this past June. Last year, Seattle Goodwill was able to serve more than 9,700 people with free job training and education classes and place 1,400 people in jobs.
For more information, please contact Katherine Boury, Communications Manager at or (206) 860-5733.
Seattle Goodwill Industries is a private, nonprofit organization that has served the central and northern Puget Sound since 1923. It provides free job training and education programs and services that help low-income and underserved people obtain the skills they need to secure employment so they may achieve economic self-sufficiency. For more information about Goodwill programs, please visit our Job Training & Education page or call toll-free 1 (877) GIVE4GOOD.
- Goodwill in the News
- Press Releases
- Goodwill Ambassador
- Annual Report
- Other Reports to the Community
RECENT PRESS RELEASES
- Seattle Goodwill celebrates its volunteers during National Volunteer Week
- Seattle Goodwill and Uber Team Up for a Donation Drive on April 8
- Shop Goodwill online for gifts this Valentine's Day
- Tips to Maximize Your Donation to Goodwill!
- Shop the Goodwill Sparkle Sale Goodwill Online!
- Goodwill’s Glitter Sale and Glitter Gala raises $760,000!
- Goodwill's Glitter Gala raises $435,000
- Celebrate Halloween with Goodwill!
- New Redmond Goodwill Store Opening January 2017!
- Seattle Goodwill Announces the Goodwill Design Challenge Winners!