Goodwill’s Glitter Sale and Glitter Gala raises $760,000!
Friday, Nov 11, 2016
Proceeds will support free job training and education programs
A record number of shoppers attended the 33rd Annual Glitter Sale at Goodwill, and their purchases helped make this year’s sale a success! More than 2,500 people bought $310,000 worth of eveningwear, shoes, purses, jewelry and accessories on Saturday, November 5 and Sunday, November 6. There were also 200 people who shopped the pre-sale on Thursday, November 4. All proceeds from the sale will support Goodwill’s free job training and education programs for low-income and underserved people in the community.
Before the sale opened to the public at 9 am on Saturday, over 600 excited shoppers formed a line that stretched along Goodwill’s building and out to Dearborn Street to be among the first to browse the racks of designer, vintage and one of a kind pieces.
On October 15, Seattle Goodwill guests and sponsors raised over $450,000 to support high school completion programs at the annual Goodwill Glitter Gala. Over 600 guests attended the event.
“We really want to thank the community for supporting both the sale and gala and making them such a huge success,” said Goodwill President & CEO Daryl Campbell. “The proceeds we raised will allow Goodwill to help more people in our community get jobs. Last year Seattle Goodwill served over 9,700 individuals.”
For more information, please contact Katherine Boury, Communications Manager at or (206) 860-5733.
Seattle Goodwill Industries is a private, nonprofit organization that has served the central and northern Puget Sound since 1923. It provides free job training and education programs and services that help low-income and underserved people obtain the skills they need to secure employment so they may achieve economic self-sufficiency. For more information about Goodwill programs, please visit our Job Training & Education page or call toll-free 1 (877) GIVE4GOOD.
- Goodwill in the News
- Press Releases
- Goodwill Ambassador
- Annual Report
- Other Reports to the Community
RECENT PRESS RELEASES
- Seattle Goodwill celebrates its volunteers during National Volunteer Week
- Seattle Goodwill and Uber Team Up for a Donation Drive on April 8
- Shop Goodwill online for gifts this Valentine's Day
- Tips to Maximize Your Donation to Goodwill!
- Shop the Goodwill Sparkle Sale Goodwill Online!
- Goodwill’s Glitter Sale and Glitter Gala raises $760,000!
- Goodwill's Glitter Gala raises $435,000
- Celebrate Halloween with Goodwill!
- New Redmond Goodwill Store Opening January 2017!
- Seattle Goodwill Announces the Goodwill Design Challenge Winners!