Seattle Goodwill and Uber Team Up for a Donation Drive on April 8
Thursday, Apr 6, 2017
Uber drivers will pick up clothing donations and deliver them to Goodwill free of charge.
On Saturday, April 8, from 10am to 4pm Seattle residents can clean out their closets and let Uber take care of the rest by picking up their donations and taking them to Goodwill.
Donors can open the app and request a pickup for their donations to be delivered by an Uber directly to their local Goodwill, free of charge. This is an easy and convenient way to donate while doing spring cleaning and support Goodwill’s free job training and education program.
Building on the success of previous drives, this is the fourth time Seattle Goodwill and Uber have partnered on a campaign to combine the power of donating with the convenience of ordering a ride via a mobile device.
Last year, thanks to generous and eco-friendly donors, Seattle Goodwill kept over 53 million pounds of useful goods out of landfills.
Here’s how it works:
- Collect jackets, shirts, pants, blouses and other clothing items to donate to Goodwill.
- On Saturday, April 8 between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm, open the Uber app and tap the donate option at the bottom. Type in your location and select ‘request’.
- If you’re matched, an Uber driver-partner will arrive to collect your donations and drop them off at a Seattle Goodwill location at no cost.
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept donations.
- Drivers will arrive at requested pickup locations. Donors are responsible for bringing bags outside as drivers cannot leave their vehicles unattended.
- Those who donate will receive a follow-up email with tax receipt information.
- Five participating riders and drivers will each receive 2 tickets for the Goodwill Earth Day concert with KEXP at the Tractor Tavern. The concert features local bands Cataldo, SISTERS, Goodbye Heart, Acapulco Lips, and Prom Queen. Artists will be peforming covers of break-up songs.
For those who have already completed their cleaning and donations, or live in areas where Uber isn’t available, monetary donations can be made to Goodwill here.
WHERE: Donations will be delivered by Uber drivers to Seattle Goodwill retail locations.
WHEN: Saturday, April 8, 2017
10 am – 4 pm in Uber’s Seattle footprint (https://www.uber.com/cities/seattle )
For more information, please contact Katherine Boury, Communications Manager at or (206) 860-5733.
Seattle Goodwill Industries is a private, nonprofit organization that has served the central and northern Puget Sound since 1923. It provides free job training and education programs and services that help low-income and underserved people obtain the skills they need to secure employment so they may achieve economic self-sufficiency. For more information about Goodwill programs, please visit our Job Training & Education page or call toll-free 1 (877) GIVE4GOOD.
- Goodwill in the News
- Press Releases
- Goodwill Ambassador
- Annual Report
- Other Reports to the Community
RECENT PRESS RELEASES
- Goodwill and Renton Technical College unveil expansion of Youth Aerospace Program
- Seattle Goodwill celebrates its volunteers during National Volunteer Week
- Seattle Goodwill and Uber Team Up for a Donation Drive on April 8
- Shop Goodwill online for gifts this Valentine's Day
- Tips to Maximize Your Donation to Goodwill!
- Shop the Goodwill Sparkle Sale Goodwill Online!
- Goodwill’s Glitter Sale and Glitter Gala raises $760,000!
- Goodwill's Glitter Gala raises $435,000
- Celebrate Halloween with Goodwill!
- New Redmond Goodwill Store Opening January 2017!