Get Your Glitter On: Tips for Shopping the Glitter Sale
November 8, 2012
The Glitter Sale is only two days away! Be ready when our doors open Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. with these useful tips.
- This year we are doing things a little differently to make waiting outside the Glitter Sale more enjoyable! This year everyone in line will be getting a lanyard with a number on it. Your number is your admission to the Glitter Sale – when your number is called, you may enter the sale any time thereafter.
- Once you have your lanyard you no longer have to wait in line. You may shop the regular Goodwill store, grab coffee, visit the food trucks outside, or just move about until your number is called.
- Once inside the Glitter Sale, your number is also your admittance to the jewelry counter. Please listen for your number to be called before approaching the counter. (We do this so that each person can be helped by a personal shopper behind the jewelry counter.)
- Numbers will be announced over the store PA system, via text alerts, on Twitter through the #GlitterSale hashtag, and on a board by the Glitter Sale door. Sign up for text alerts by texting “goodwill123” to 91011.
- If you shop in the main Goodwill store before entering the Glitter Sale, we recommend purchasing these items and putting them in your car before shopping the Glitter Sale. However, if necessary you can pay for these items inside the Glitter Sale.
- Racks will be restocked throughout the weekend, so don't worry if you're not the first through the door!
- Outfits from the blog and the Glitter Gala fashion show will be on specially marked racks.
- Pick up a blue mesh shopping bag when you arrive; shopping carts are not allowed.
- Glitter Sale items are returnable within 7 days of purchase with original tag and receipt.
- Wear a leotard or swimsuit to try on clothes; there are no dressing rooms.
- Bring a friend who will give you honest feedback - shoppers will vastly outnumber the mirrors!
Remember, proceeds from the Glitter Sale support Goodwill's free job training and education programs in the community. All the more reason to get that gorgeous dress and amazing bag!
Lauren Robinson is the Digital Communications Coordinator at Seattle Goodwill.
CONNECT WITH US
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL
- Capitol Hill Location: Opening May 2nd!
- Workplace Romance: To be together? Or to not be together?
- The Balancing Act: The Work-Life Balance
- Designer Accessory Sale: MORE bags!
- Celebrating 90 Years (17)
- Community (27)
- Craft Corner (5)
- Donate (18)
- Fashion (18)
- Glitter Gala 2012 (2)
- Glitter Sale 2012 (34)
- Glitter Sale 2013 (15)
- Green Corps (1)
- Job Training & Education (22)
- Let's Get to Work (7)
- Our Mission at Work (10)
- Shop (31)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Vintage Fashion (2)
- Volunteering (5)
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (4)
- February 2014 (4)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- Glitter Sale Raises Record Amount
- Making Room for Glitter Sale Finds
- The Mission at Work – Innocent’s Story
- Glitter Sale Preview 2013: The Best of the Rest
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Vintage Finds
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Tips for Shopping the Glitter Sale
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: UW Pride
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: The Perfect Handbag
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Holiday Pins
- Glitter Sale Preview: Mad for Plaid
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Designer Shoes
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Crushing on Coach
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Animal Prints - Walk on the Wild Side
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: The Little Black Dress
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Winter Whites
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Burberry
- Halloween Costume Ideas and Contests
- Zipcar and Goodwill Partner for Donation Day Seattle on October 19
- Eye Catching Emerald Green at this Year's Glitter Sale!
- Going for LEED Gold
- Goodwill is your Halloween Headquarters
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (6)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (2)
- Come to the Goodwill Ribbon Cutting and Open House
- Goodwill Collecting Donations at Sasquatch Festival
- Give Goodwill!
- My New Book Club: Easy and Cheap
- Celebrating 90 Years | Learning at Seattle Goodwill
- Celebrating 90 Years | Live Hi Up - An Interview with Angela Moorer
- Donate Today and Help Build The Future
- Shopping Goodwill – My Favorite Finds
- Beyoncé is Lending Her Voice for GOOD
- Board Member and Volunteer James Thomas Helps Us Celebrate National Volunteer Week
- Put It Down For the Town - Celebrate Earth Day with Macklemore Monday!
- Donate to Goodwill in Honor of Earth Day
- Participate in our Earth Day Giveaway for a Chance to Win Macklemore Tickets!
- Celebrating 90 Years | Goodwill Style with Darcy Camden
- Spring Cleaning Helps Others Find Jobs
- Rat City Rollergirls Talk Thrift!
- Celebrating 90 Years | Store Manager Israel Juarez Knows the Power of Education
- Get Your Taxes Prepared for Free at Goodwill
- Celebrating 90 Years | Volunteering at Goodwill
- Salvaging 35 Million Pounds
- Shop in Style at the Urban Girls’ Garage Sale
- Celebrating 90 Years | Shopping for Goodwill Fashions with Blogger Jess Estrada
- Celebrating 90 Years | The Early History of Seattle Goodwill
- Shop Our Designer Accessory Sale Starting Tomorrow!
- Water Cooler Conversations – What Not to Say
- Celebrating 90 Years - The Gift of Education
- Our Designer Accessory Sale is next Friday and Saturday!
- Celebrating 90 Years - Tina Witherspoon is Hooked on Thrift
- Get Organized – Tips to De-Clutter Your Life
- Celebrating 90 Years - Stories from the Community
- Celebrating 90 Years - Job Training at Goodwill
- Dress For the Job You Want
- Celebrating 90 Years – Charles Cross Talks Music, Mugs and Cheap Furniture
- Celebrating 90 Years - Thrifting Tips from Kim Holcomb
- Attend the Finale of Seattle’s Fashion Reality Show, The Look!
- Help Goodwill Celebrate 90 Years!
- January 2013 (5)
- December 2012 (4)
- Our Mission at Work: Meet Mary Jane
- Are You Ready for Winter Weather?
- Winter Wardrobe Wonderland
- Thank You for Making the Glitter Sale a Success!
- The Glitter Sale is Finally Here - Time to Grab Some Designer Flats!
- Shop the Glitter Sale For That Great Gatsby Look
- Fresh Fall Trend: Hunter Green
- Why You Should Get Up Early and Get in Line for the Glitter Sale
- Get Your Glitter On: Tips for Shopping the Glitter Sale
- Make a Statement with an Eye-Catching Necklace
- Glitter Sale Favorites: Designer Shoes
- The Little Black Dress
- Tina’s Picks: If I Were Shopping The Glitter Sale Today, This is What I Would Buy
- In Praise of Burgundy
- Designer Bags Galore at the Glitter Sale!
- How to Create Personal Style: Include Vintage Pieces in the Mix
- Husky Pride at the Glitter Sale
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Holiday Pins
- Find The Perfect Dress for Any Occasion at the Glitter Sale
- Winter Whites Done Right
- The Sheath Dress: A Short History
- All That Glitters – Add Some Sparkle With Brooches
- Shop Marc Jacobs at the Glitter Sale
- Update Your Wardrobe with Gold and Silver Metallics
- Build your Halloween Costume at Goodwill and Save Money!
- Gucci, Coach and Jimmy Choo: Designer Clothing and Accessories at the Glitter Sale
- Fall Fashion: Black and Blue and Seen All Over
- The Ever-Fashionable Animal Print
- Five Tips for New Job Seekers
- From Burberry to North Face, cover up in these jackets and stay dry in the Seattle rain
- Walk out of the Glitter Sale with some amazing designer shoes!
- Fresh Trends for Fall
- The Glitter Sale is Coming Soon!
- Finding a Good Job Fit When You Identify as LGBT
- Our Mission at Work: Meet Dolores
- The Animal Trend Gets Glittery
- All About Leather
- Designer Clothes for Men
- Our Mission at Work: Meet Nutjaree
- Shop Diane von Furstenberg at the Glitter Sale
- Pin Me! Be Bold with Brooches
- September 2012 (5)
- Our Mission at Work: Meet Danilo
- Goodwill Craft Corner: T-shirt Scarves
- Let’s Get to Work: When Potential Employers Ask Illegal Questions
- We're beating the heat in vintage swimsuits
- Our Mission at Work: Meet Oscar
- Stay summery with bold patterns and bright colors
- Donate now at even more locations!
- The grand opening of our South Lake Union store!
- July 2012 (4)