Guide to Good Giving
Your donations help us help others.
Net proceeds from the sale of your donated items help support our job training and education programs, offered at no cost to people in the community.
We accept almost anything you can think of donating, from clothing and furniture to small appliances and toys.
Please be sure to check your local donation site for specific guidelines regarding the size of accepted donations at that location.
We gratefully accept the following items:
- Antiques and collectibles
- BBQ grills (must be clean and without propane tanks)
- Bed frames
- Camping equipment
- Carpeting (new, never installed)
- Cell phones
- CDs, records and cassettes
- Clothing and accessories (we will take well-worn textiles as long as they are not wet or mildewed)
- Computers - desktops, laptops and monitors
- Computer accessories - printers, mice, scanners, keyboards, etc.
- Computer software (factory-sealed)
- Small electronics
- Exercise equipment
- Futon frames and gently used futon mattresses
- Furniture - gently used with minimal chips, no large stains and upholstery in good condition
- Household appliances (no large appliances)
- Household items
- Lamps and light fixtures (no fluorescent lights)
- Lawn equipment, including gas-powered (must be drained of all fluids)
- Portable heaters (must have three-prong plug)
- Sporting goods
- Vehicles - Find out more about our vehicle donation program.
We're sorry, but we cannot accept the following items:
- Any item recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. (Please check www.cpsc.gov for current list.)
- Auto parts (including tires)
- Fire arms or ammunition
- Hazardous materials including gases, oils, paint, paint thinner, flammables and poisonous materials. (These can be taken to your county Hazardous Waste station - links listed below.)
- King County (click here)
- Kitsap County (click here)
- Skagit County (click here)
- Snohomish County (click here)
- Whatcom County (click here)
- Large appliances, such as dishwashers, washer, dryers, refrigerators and hot water tanks (Seattle City Light customers can have their refrigerator or freezer picked up for free - see their website for more information.)
- Mattresses and box springs