Youth Aerospace Program
The Goodwill Youth Aerospace Program is a two-year program which provides high school students with a smooth transition through their senior year toward a career in aerospace. The program helps build strong soft skills and connects students with future career opportunities in the aerospace/advanced manufacturing industry.
Applications now being accepted for the 2016 program.
- Participants must be current high school juniors when applying for the program.
- First Year Summer Session: July 10 - September 1, 2017; Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- First Year School Session: September 2017 - June 2018; a minimum of two Saturdays per month
- Second Year: Up to four quarters of aerospace advanced manufacturing classes at Everett Community College
This unique program offers:
- Service learning, civic participation, team building, college and career readiness to prepare students for both their senior year and work.
- Ongoing support and Saturday workshops throughout the students’ senior year to assure they are on track for high school graduation and ready for college programs in aerospace pathways.
- Up to 4 quarters of aerospace/advanced manufacturing classes at Everett Community College as well as ongoing college and career navigation and support services.
- The Youth Aerospace Program is a two-year commitment.
- The program will enroll 20 high school juniors that will be selected through an interview and application process.
- This opportunity is free to qualifying students. Participants will receive a financial stipend based upon attendance and participation.
- Students will be expected to attend weekend workshops and activities throughout their senior year. Ongoing support is available to make sure they are on track for high school graduation and are ready for college and career exploration in the aerospace industry.
- During the program, students will take field trips to aerospace companies such as Boeing and network with aerospace industry experts as well as local community leaders.
- During the first summer session in 2017, students will participate in service learning, civic participation, team building, and college and career readiness to prepare students for both their senior year and work. Past experiences have included working with Marysville Parks & Recreation, the Tulalip Tribe and the Marysville Food Bank.
- During the second summer session in 2018, students will begin aerospace/advanced manufacturing classes at Everett Community College, which includes college and career navigation. Upon completion, students will receive job placement assistance.
- Students completing the program will receive a college aerospace/advanced manufacturing certificate from Everett Community College.
The program is managed by the Marysville Goodwill Job Training and Education Center, Everett Community College, and other partners.
For more information about the Youth Aerospace Program, please contact:
Youth Aerospace Program Supervisor
(360) 657-4058 ext. 1813
THIS PROGRAM IS OFFERED AT:
Sign up to receive email news and program/class information from any one of our nine Job Training & Education Centers here.