Glitter Sale Preview Sneak Peek 8
The Glitter Sale is almost here! So get ready to shop for cocktail and evening dresses, designer pieces along with amazing accessories and unique vintage items this weekend, November 11 and 12. There is also a selection of formal wear and designer clothes for men. Here is what you need to know before the doors open at 9:00 am!
- Admission to the sale is free and the sale is located at our Seattle store.
- Everyone gets a number! This year we will be repeating, on both sale days, our numbering system so that customers do not need to stand in line for prolonged periods of time. Everyone attending the sale this year gets a numbered wristband. Wristbands will be handed out to people in line for the sale around 7:00 each morning. If you arrive after 8:30 am, please go to the Glitter Sale table outside the store to get your number. The number on your wristband acts as your entrance to the sale and your number to access the jewelry counter. Frequent announcements will be made over our PA system. Or sign up for text messaging, then grab a cup of coffee or lunch, and we will text you when your number is called.
- Customers can also sign up to receive text messages to track what number is being served. Please text keyword "Goodwill123" to 91011.
- Limited parking is available in Goodwill’s lot and on the street.
- Racks will be restocked throughout the weekend, so don't worry if you're not the first through the door!
- Exchanges and returns on everything except jewelry can be made within seven days of purchase at any Seattle Goodwill store, excluding Goodwill Outlets. You will need the original receipt, and original tags need to be attached to the merchandise. All sales on jewelry are final and are not eligible for exchange. Each piece of jewelry is unique in material and style so there is not a way to verify that it is the original piece with the Goodwill tag.
- Wear a leotard, swimsuit or leggings to try on clothes since there are no dressing rooms. Because our shoppers include adult men, women, and children we discourage undressing to less than a slip.
- Bring a friend who will give you honest feedback—shoppers will vastly outnumber the mirrors!
- Pick up a blue mesh shopping bag when you arrive. (Shopping carts are not allowed in the Glitter Sale room.)
- Follow us on social media and post photos of your great glitter finds at this year's sale using the hashtag #glittersale.
- Bring water and snacks. There will also be a variety of food trucks on site that will also have food and drinks for purchase.
- Wear layers since it may be cold outside while the Glitter Sale room can be quite warm.
After you exit the sale or while you wait for your number, there’s still lots more shopping to enjoy within the rest of the store.
Proceeds from the sale benefit our FREE job training and education programs. Last year Goodwill helped more than 11,500 people—all the more reason to shop! Here are a few of the items that will be on sale this weekend.
Visit our Facebook event for early access to previews!