Get holiday ready at Seattle Goodwill
Whether you’re crafting a famous holiday recipe, want to turn a living space into a winter wonderland or desire to put a little DIY in your holiday season, Seattle Goodwill is your go-to spot.
We have not shortage of holiday supplies at all our 24 store locations from Bellingham south to Tukwila, and when you shop at Goodwill this holiday season you are changing lives by providing free Job Training and Education Programs to those in need.
There are so many ways to get creative for the holidays, and we want to help generate those ideas. Be on the lookout for our 12 Days of Holiday Blogs starting the first week of December. We’ll be sharing ideas on our blog and over our social media channels.
We want to see those holiday recipes, too! In unison with our DIY blog series, we are holding a holiday recipe contest from Dec. 3-18. So get those recipes ready to share and stay tuned for more information coming soon.
Upcycled Cloth Napkin Craft
Add a touch of playful texture to your holiday table with this simple DIY. For this project, you’ll need the following:
- cloth napkins of your choice
- embroidery thread
- needle and thread
- small piece of cardboard
- Start with a small piece of cardboard cut to the desired length of your finished tassels (mine are about an inch long), wrap the embroidery thread around the cardboard 15 times.
- Cut a 4″ piece of embroidery thread and slip it through the top loops of the wrapped thread. Tie it tightly twice then take the long ends and pull them down on either side of the tassel. Slide the tassel off of the piece of cardboard.
- Cut another small piece of embroidery thread, and tie around the tassel about a half of an inch down from the top. This will create the ‘head’ of the tassel.
- Using scissors, cut the loops at the end of the tassel and trim the ends so they’re even.
- Once you’ve made all of your tassels, start sewing them one by one around the edges of your napkin, spacing them evenly along each side. Viola! Instant napkin flair.