File your taxes for free with VITA program
* AS OF MARCH 5TH, VITA TAX PROGRAM SUSPENDED AT ALL LOCATIONS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE*
For many, doing taxes is a confusing task that gets put off week-after-week until tax day sends everyone scrambling last-minute to get their taxes done.
Seattle Goodwill is here to help and has a stress-free solution.
Thanks to a partnership with United Way, employees who make less than $66,000 per year are eligible for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), a free tax preparation service that will be available at Goodwill locations in King and Snohomish County.
Simply visit a location, and a trained volunteer will sit down with you one-on-one and help you file your taxes from start to finish. Service is provided from January 15 - April 18, 2020.
Once you get your W-2 form, here is what you need to bring in:
- Social security card or ITIN and birthdates of everyone listed on the return
- Photo ID
- All tax statements (W-2, 1099 forms, SSA-1099 forms, mortgage and other interest forms)
- Health Insurance Form 1095-A
- Bank account number and routing number
- A copy of last year's tax return
- Documentation of child care and medical expenses
- Documentation of any charitable contributions
- Any form that says "Do not throw away, Tax Document."
Below is a list of locations with times and dates the free tax service will be available:
Burien Goodwill location
-Tuesdays 5-9 pm -Thursday 5-9 pm -Saturday 10 am-4 pm -Sunday 11 am-3 pm
King County Job Training & Education Center
-Monday 5-9 pm -Wednesday 5-9 pm -Saturday 10 am-4 pm
Skagit County Job Training & Education Center
*Tax prep services provided at Cascade Mall, Community Room January 29-April 10,2020 -Wednesday 3-7 pm -Thursday 3-7 pm -Friday 3-7 pm
Snohomish County Job Training & Education Center
*Doors open at 5:00 pm for sign-ins and close at 7:30 pm in order to finish by (8:30pm-9pm)* -Monday 5:30-7:00 pm -Tuesday 5:30-7:00 pm -Wednesday 5:30-7:00 pm
For more information on Snohomish County's United Way free tax preparation, contact:
Tax Preparation Program Coordinator
United Way of Snohomish County
NOTE: Free VITA Tax help is available January 15 - April 18, but will not be provided on Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, January 20) or President’s Day (Monday, February 17).