Donate to Goodwill from the comfort of your home
Seattle Goodwill just made donating easier than ever.
Thanks to a new home-pickup service, you can make an impact in your community by donating to Goodwill from the comfort of your home. Simply clean out our your closet, book a pickup and you’ve just helped provide free job training and education programs to those in need by donating to Goodwill.
Home-pickup service is currently only available in the Seattle neighborhoods of Queen Anne, Magnolia, Madison Park and West Seattle, as well as the Medina neighborhood on the Eastside.
If you don’t live in a neighborhood that accepts home pickup, don’t worry, there are more than 40 donation stations throughout the Puget Sound you can bring your donation to.
Below are some tips to help you schedule your home pickup:
- Due to the high volume of requests, home pickups book up in advance and are typically available within 7-10 days. To schedule a donation pickup visit www.seattlegoodwill.org/donate.
- Pickups are made starting at 9:30 am-2:30 pm. Due to the number of scheduled pickups and varying locations, we are unable to provide a more specific window.
- If you are scheduling a pickup for a business, school or church, please contact us at 1 (206) 583-8099 to make arrangements.
- Each truck has only one driver. If your donation is too large to be moved by one person, please contact us at 1 (206) 583-8099 to make arrangements.
- Unfortunately, Goodwill employees are unable to enter the residence. Please make sure all items are on ground level and ready for pickup at the door.
- Please ensure all smaller and loose items are secured in bags or boxes.
- Please ensure all fragile/breakable items (glass, mirrors, etc.) are properly packed to avoid breakage.
- We glady accept clothing, shoes, small-household items and latops. We cannot accept hazardous materials, furniture, appliances or other items larger than an end table.
- You will receive a reminder email from the home pickup team one day in advance of your scheduled pickup date to remind you of your scheduled pickup service.
- A tax deductible donation receipt will be left at your front door.
- For cancellations, please call the home pickup team at 1 (206) 583-8099. You can also email us at: Homepickup@seattlegoodwill.org.