DIY Halloween Décor: Candlestick Candy Jar
From candlesticks to vases, Goodwill has everything you need to create the ultimate Halloween décor. This chic candy display is sure to upgrade your home this fall without going over budget. It makes for a great centerpiece on your table or a festive decoration piece for your mantel.
Supplies you will need:
- 2 different sized glass vases - Goodwill
- 2 candlesticks – Goodwill
- Matching is optional
- Fall ribbon – Craft store
- Wood head beads – Craft store
- 2 knock out test caps – A hardware store
- Black spray paint – A hardware store
- Hot glue gun and up to 2 hot glue sticks
- Blank coaster – Craft store
- If your candlesticks have a wide base, you may skip this purchase. Due to the height and weight, the coaster was added to the base of the smaller candlestick to prevent the jar from falling over.
Tip: You may be able to find some of the other supplies at Goodwill. Be sure to check our linens, crafts, and supplies during your shopping trip.
- Clean and prep your items. Remove any visible price tag stickers. For stubborn stickers, you may need to use Goo Gone or soak overnight. For these supplies, we removed the sticker from the bottom of the glass vase, the top of the candlestick, and from the test caps. Wash the vases with soap and water to ensure they are safe for your sweet treats.
- Spray paint your lids, the wood beads, the wooden coaster, and the candlesticks so they are all a cohesive black pigment. Alternatively, you could use orange or other spray paint colors to give a fall look rather than Halloween.
- Glue all of your pieces together. Be sure to center items before pressing down.
- Cut enough ribbon for each candlestick and then tie on your best bow. For this project, we cut about 2 feet of ribbon. Be sure to trim your ends to the same length.
Tips for tying the perfect bow: use the bunny ear method. It will take practice, but you will get it! Click here for a tutorial.
- Fill with your favorite Halloween candy and enjoy!