Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program (PACT)
Interested in a career with potential earnings up to $30 an hour? The Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program (PACT), in partnership with Seattle Colleges, and prepares individuals for a career in the building and construction industry. The 11-week program teaches a number of construction trades for an industry expected to see 24 percent growth between 2012-2022.
Upon completion of the training program, individuals will be eligible for apprenticeship with a variety of construction unions.
In this program you will ...
- Explore different career opportunities in construction trades.
- Get help paying off college, including applying for workforce funding.
- Meet various employers in the industry.
- Get individualized support from Goodwill staff, including case management and access to support services.
- Connect to an apprenticeship with a variety of locally-based employers.
- Train in construction trades: blue-print reading, hand and power tool use.
- Obtain certifications: flagging, forklift, OSHA 10, first aid/CPR.
This program is for you if ...
- Can pass a drug test.
- Have good English, reading and math skills.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or DACA approved.
Classes begin September 2018 and are held at the Wood Technology Center at 2310 S. Lane St., Seattle, WA.
For information about the PACT Program, please contact our Sector Navigator at 206-812-8603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.