2018 Seattle Goodwill Costume Contest & Halloween Giveaways Rules & Regulations
General Seattle Goodwill Contest Rules
1) Void outside the Washington State area and where prohibited by law.
2) Entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older.
3) Employees of Seattle Goodwill, its subsidiaries, the contracted agencies involved in the development and execution of this Giveaway and all the above’s immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) and those living in the same household are ineligible.
4) Participants may enter and win multiple contests.
5) Participants may only submit one (1) entry per contest.
6) Photographic entries must not have been submitted for previous Seattle Goodwill contests and giveaways. Entries that were used for previous contests and giveaways will be disqualified.
7) There may be multiple winners per contest depending on prize.
8) Prize list found at http://seattlegoodwill.org/sales-and-events/halloween/costume-contest
9) Odds of winning are based on the number of entries submitted.
10) No cash redemption. No transfer of prize. Prize may not be substituted or altered, except by Seattle Goodwill for a prize of equal or greater value if due to prize unavailability.
11) The winner must claim the prize within 48 hours. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within the required time period (if applicable), he/she forfeits the applicable prize and he/she will be disqualified from further consideration. Failure to comply with these requirements and or the Official Rules for any reason, return of prize notification or prize as un-deliverable or disqualification of any winner for any reason will result in forfeiture of applicable prize. If a potential contest prize winner forfeits a prize or is disqualified for any reason, Seattle Goodwill will select an alternate potential winner. If a potential contest winner forfeits a prize or is disqualified for any reason, an Administrator will select from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period an alternate potential winner. This course of action may continue until the particular prize is won and claimed, or for up to three (3) alternates (after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded), whichever occurs first (if time permits). As a condition of entering, entrants agree: a) to release, Seattle Goodwill, its respected affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, its sales representatives, distributors, administrators, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (Promotional Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the delivery, awarding, receipt, possession, typos, misspellings, and/or use or misuse of the entry form and/or prize; b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for the actual out-of-pocket expenses; c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to the out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
12) Seattle Goodwill is not responsible for late, lost, mutilated or mis-delivered, illegible, incomplete, or postage due mail.
13) Participants agree that all decisions made by the administrator will be final and conclusive. Except where prohibited, submitting a photo to Seattle Goodwill for the 2019 Halloween Contest constitutes consent from the participant to use his/her name, likeness, and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter invented without territorial or time limitation.
14) Entrants must have rights to the photo they submit. Entrants who submit photos that constitute a copyright violation will be immediately disqualified.
15) Seattle Goodwill may at its sole discretion suspend or terminate the Giveaway by posting a notice should any causes arise beyond the control of Seattle Goodwill, 700 Dearborn Place S, Seattle, WA 98144.
16) No purchase necessary to enter.
17) A purchase does not increase your chance of winning.
Costume Contest Dates & Winner Selection
18) Costume contest starts 10/14/2019 and ends 11/1/2019. Voting will continue through the morning of 11/5/2018. Winners will be selected in the afternoon on 11/3/2019 using the following method: There are two main components to winner selection in the costume contest: a public vote where the top 5 votes, 5 text submissions and a subsequent panel adjudication. The top 5 publicly voted entries will be pooled and added to 5 text enties, and then adjudicated and voted upon by a panel selected by Seattle Goodwill. The panel will choose three winning entries from the pool of top-ten publicly voted entries. Winners will be notified via email during the afternoon of 11/4/2019, and announced publicly within forty-eight (48) hours after winner emails have been sent.
Halloween Giveaways Dates & Winner Selection
19) Halloween Giveaways will run on weekdays between 10/14/2018 and 10/28/2018 on Seattle Goodwill’s social media channels. Winners will be randomly selected from entrants. Winners will be notified by being tagged on the appropriate social media channel. Winners must respond by private message to claim their prize.
If you have any questions about this promotion, please call Seattle Goodwill at (206) 860-5712.