Is Goodwill a non-profit organization?
Seattle Goodwill Industries is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to job training and education. We strive to efficiently use resources entrusted to us to help our neighbors in need to gain self-sufficiency for themselves and their families. Last year, more than 6,000 people came to us for help, and over 1,400 were placed into good jobs. We encourage everyone to read our Annual Report for more information about our programs and how we give back to our community.
What actions are being taken to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in stores?
Here are some actions we are taking to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our stores:
• All of our team members perform a daily health screen before starting work.
• We are frequently sanitizing cart and handbasket handles.
• We are frequently sanitizing payment machines at checkout.
• Goodwill staff will be working the door to count customers in and out and manage any lines that form. We have placed markers every six feet on the ground outside the door to remind customers waiting in line to keep a safe distance between people.
• Hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray will be available for customers at the front of the store near checkout counters.
• All high-touch areas like doors, checkout counters, shopping cart handles, and pin pads will be frequently sanitized.
• Racks and other fixtures have been rearranged to allow for wider aisles to maintain physical distance.
• Plexiglas guards have been installed at all checkout counters.
• Floor stickers are installed at checkout lines to instruct people to keep six feet apart while waiting.
• Social distancing signs have been posted on the walls throughout stores to remind everyone to keep safe space between themselves and others.
• Customers will not be able to try on clothing, jewelry, or shoes until further notice.
• Items that customers take to the register but decide against buying will be sprayed with disinfectant before being restocked.
How are employees staying safe?
• All Goodwill employees complete a health screening prior to their shift, and any employee who reports symptoms will be advised to seek medical advice.
• All team members have access to personal protective equipment (PPE) and are trained to use it properly.
• All team members must wear masks at work. This includes the time they spend on breaks and lunches while in Goodwill buildings. Team members are encouraged to wear masks that suit their personal preferences and comfort, and they can bring their own clean masks to work. If someone forgets their mask, we provide them one.
• Team members who use shared equipment or handle items customers have handled are required to wear gloves while doing so. We will provide gloves for all team members, and employees are trained on proper hand hygiene, including while using gloves.
• All team members are to practice social distancing by allowing at least six feet between themselves and others, including customers. Plexiglas guards have been installed at cash registers to create a barrier when maintaining six feet is not possible.
• We encourage our teams and everyone in our stores to practice personal responsibility and remind people that they should be at least six feet away.
Are Masks required at your store?
Face coverings are required to enter all Goodwill locations. It is our priority to provide the maximum level of safety to our community. We require that everyone who enters our buildings wear a suitable face covering to protect others from the spread of illness. Individuals who do not have a face-covering will not be able to enter our building. Acceptable face coverings must cover both your nose and mouth. If you cannot wear a mask or are unable to shop in our stores, please shop with us online.
How many people can shop in your stores?
Currently, our stores allow a limited number of customers in the store at any one time to allow for physical distancing. We limit the number of customers in our stores based on the Washington State guidelines for occupancy, not including employees. We monitor and follow all capacity guidelines as they change.
When are the fitting rooms reopening?
Fitting rooms are open! Shoppers are welcome to try on items in our fitting rooms. To maximize safety, we are asking shoppers to disinfectant fitting rooms before and after use and to return all unwanted garments to the return rack outside the fitting rooms. Please maintain 6-feet of distance from others while entering and exiting rooms to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Do you offer special hours for high-risk people?
Currently, our stores are open daily to everyone wearing a face covering.
Will there be notice if a store closes during the pandemic?
We maintain a high standard of employee and community safety during the pandemic and may occasionally close locations for sanitation and cleaning. We will notify shoppers of closures as soon as possible via text message. To sign up for our retail text alerts, simply text the word Goodwill to the number (206) 737-7039. Or click here to sign up.
Discounts and pricing
Do you offer discounts or coupons?
We offer discounts 5 days a week. Find upcoming discounts on our Sales & Events calendar.
What sales are going on this week?
Every week a specific color tag goes on sale. On Thursday and Friday, that color tag is 30% off. On Saturday and Sunday, that same color tag discount is increased to 50% off. And on Monday, the price of items with that color tag is dropped all the way down to $1.99!
Do you offer senior discounts?
Yes, on the first Wednesday of the month, seniors over 62 years with a valid ID can enjoy a 20% discount.
Do you offer military discounts?
Yes, on the first Wednesday of the month, all active or retired military with a valid ID can enjoy a 20% discount.
How do you set your prices?
Pricing is something that we pay a lot of attention to because it’s so important to our customers. We sort and price, on average, over 100,000 unique items every day in our retail stores. We try hard to price these items correctly and in a way that provides good value to our customers. Our staff receives training on pricing, and we stay abreast of current trends. Also, we routinely audit our prices and comparison shop to see how they compare with those at other thrift and retail stores. If you come across an item in our stores that may be priced incorrectly, please feel free to speak with the store manager. Although we strive to provide our shoppers with great value, our primary mission is to raise much-needed funds through the sale of these donated goods so we can provide free job training programs for people in need.
What is your return policy?
Refunds are gladly offered within 7 days of purchase. Original tags must be attached, and the receipt must accompany all items to be returned. All refunds for returned merchandise will be credited to a Goodwill Gift Card. Mattresses, foundations, and jewelry are not returnable. Returns can be made at any of our North Puget Sound nonprofit thrift store locations, excluding outlets.
Do you sell items online?
Yes, we sell items online. When you can't make it to one of our stores, conveniently shop Goodwill online for your treasure hunting. We have a great selection of items to choose from. Shop Goodwill online here.
Do you charge Shipping and Handling?
Yes, shipping and handling fees will apply.
Do you ship to other countries?
Yes, items can be shipped to other countries.
Can I pick up my online purchase?
Currently, local pick-up is not available for online purchases. We don’t have a date to share with you on when we will allow local pick up. We will update our policy when it is available again. We appreciate your patience and support.
How do I sign up for retail text alerts?
Be in the know with text alerts! Subscribe to receive text messages for your favorite store (or stores!) and be among the first to know about our special sales, events, exclusive offers, store hours, and MORE. To sign up for our retail text alerts, simply text the word Goodwill to the number (206) 737-7039. Or click here to sign up.
Store hours and locations
What are your store hours?
Store hours vary based on location. Visit our store page for a list of locations and hours here.
How many thrift stores do you have?
Seattle Goodwill has 24 nonprofit thrift stores located in the North Puget Sound, including 2 outlet stores. We also have an online store where you can conveniently shop at any time.
Do you offer gift cards?
Yes! Our gift cards can be used at any of our North Puget Sound Goodwill stores, and they can be filled with any amount of money you choose. Click here to purchase a gift card.
Are dogs allowed in your store?
Service dogs are welcome in all of our stores.